Management Services & Policies
Outlined below we have recaptured a summary of our services, policies, and fees for easier reference.
- COMPUTERIZED MONTHLY AND YEAR-END STATEMENTS & STATE OF THE ART SOFTWARE
To keep you updated on the status of your account, statements will be sent to you monthly to show the income and cash flow on your unit. Statements are mailed between the 15th and 20th day of each month.
- CURRENT RENTAL MARKET ANALYSIS
Upon lease renewal or tenant changes, we will update you on the current rental market. This will ensure that you are receiving fair compensation for your investment.
- CAREFUL TENANT SCREENING
We use the services of RentCheck, a nationally known credit-reporting agency, to ensure that each tenant has a good credit history. References from prior landlords and verified income and/or employment are other ways that qualified tenants are selected.
- EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
We strictly adhere to the policies set forth by HUD and the Equal Opportunity Act to ensure that no one is wrongly discriminated against in selection of clients or tenants.
Contract rates with various newspapers enable us to pass on discount advertising rates to you. We will make marketing recommendations concerning how often and in which publication your ad should appear. And other advertising avenues, to obtain maximum marketing coverage.
Thorough, periodic inspections are conducted on each property under management. When a tenant is selected for your property, we conduct an inspection with the tenant. At the tenant's checkout, any discrepancies not due to normal wear and tear will be corrected and charged to the tenant through his/her Security Deposit.
- 24-HOUR EMERGENCY HOT LINE
Someone from our staff is available around the clock to handle emergencies.
- RENT PAYMENTS
Rent is due and payable on the first day of the month and is delinquent if not received by the fifth of the month, if this requirement is not met, we will notify RentCheck immediately and send a five-day demand letter to the tenant. Though not anticipated and very rare, eviction proceedings will be recommended if the situation is not resolved within a reasonable length of time.
- SECURITY DEPOSITS
Prior to moving-in, the inspection report will be reviewed with the tenant. Before the keys are turned over, the tenant must give a cashier's check, certified check, money order (or cash) equal to the first month's rent to be held in trust by Deen Properties, Inc. By law this is the maximum amount we can collect under the Landlord-Tenant Code.
- LATE FEES
Rent payments that are received after the 5th of the month will be assessed a late fee of 10% of the monthly rental payment, or determined at time of the rental execution.
- FOR SALE
If a property is listed for sale, a discounted monthly rental rate should be offered to compensate for the inconvenience for Open Houses and showings.
- FEE SCHEDULE
In exchange for the above services rendered by Deen Properties, Inc., we charge the following rates:
- Initial Tenant Fee: For placing a new tenant, 15% of one month's rent in addition to the monthly fee of 10%. If you already have an established tenant, the fee will be the usual 10%. Whenever tenants change, the 15% Initial Tenant Fee is charged on the new tenant's first full month payment in addition to the normal 10% Management Fee.
- For every month thereafter, the fee is 10% of the gross monthly rent. Our rental program is designed with your needs in mind and we are open to any comments or suggestions you may have. Please feel free to call me with anything you would like to discuss. Should you decide to retain our services, you can be assured that your investment will be cared for professionally and responsively.
Effective December 1st, 1996, Hawaii State law requires all owners of rental property to disclose to any tenant the knowledge, if any, of lead based paint in the property. Therefore, after your perusal, please sign the enclosed Lead Paint Disclosure Form and return it with the Property Management Agreement.
Copyright © 2005 Deen Properties Inc. All Rights Reserved.